Every year, NABJ pays homage to legendary black journalists who have made outstanding contributions to the industry.
The NABJ Board of Directors approves nominations. New inductees are installed annually at the NABJ Hall of Fame Reception and Induction Ceremonies.
Nomination deadline is March 3, 2017 (Midnight PST).
- Nominees must be current, former or retired media professionals, full-time freelance and/or working journalists, which includes reporters, editors, photographers, newsroom managers, etc., who produce, gather, and disseminate news for newspapers, magazines, television, radio stations, wire services, and/or digital media.
- Candidates must have worked in the media profession for a minimum of 15 years.
- Candidates must have demonstrated distinguished service to the media profession and made extraordinary contributions to their communities.
- Nominations can be made posthumously.
Complete Nominations Will Include:
- Online Application Form.
- A minimum of three letters of support, including nomination statement, attesting to the candidate’s accomplishments.
- Other relevant documentation, including clips, photographs, and other work samples.
- Special consideration will be given to NABJ members, past members, and those who have been active in the organization on a national and/or local level.Preferential
- Individuals nominated to the NABJ Hall of Fame in the past four years do not have to be renominated. However, the Hall of Fame Committee will accept updates of these nominations.